Do you know someone who...
- apologizes and makes excuses for his/her partner's behavior?
- calls and/or texts with his/her partner excessively?
- reacts in an extreme way when asked to put his/her phone away or turn it off?
- cancels or change plans often?
- avoids friends?
- fears upsetting or angering his/her partner?
- constantly thinks and talks about his/her partner? suddenly or drastically changes the way he/she dresses?
- has dramatic changes in weight, appearance or grades?
- is dropping out of school activities?
- has unexplained injuries? (i.e. Bruises, scratches, or other injuries)
- gives up hobbies or time with friends or family?
- seems to have lost his/her confidence?
- has difficulty making decisions?
- has sudden changes in mood or personality? (i.e. becoming anxious or depressed, acting out, being secretive)
- has changes in eating or sleeping habits ?
- avoids eye contact?
- uses alcohol or drugs?
Someone experiencing abuse may feel...
- anxious about what will happen next.
- uneasy about how to handle the situation.
- guilty like he/she has done something to cause this.
- defensive of the abusive partner & wanting to protect him/her from blame .
- fearful of being seriously hurt.
- depressed, helpless, hopeless or even suicidal.dependent on drugs or alcohol in order to escape anxiety or pain.
- lonely as the abusive partner has isolated the victim from friends and/or family and stopped her/him from having a normal social life.