JCADA's #LawyersToo Campagin
On Thursday, July 12, 2018, JCADA launched our #LawyersToo Campaign!
The campaign aims to encourage attorneys to help victims of power-based violence by support JCADA's Legal Program and the efforts of the Legal Program's staff!
Legal representation is one of the greatest unmet needs confronting victims of intimate partner violence. Therefore, lawyers can play a critical role in helping victims & survivors of power-based violence become empowered and live safely. Three percent of JCADA’s clients are actually referred by attorneys; having partners through JCADA’s #LawyersToo ensures that all victims of power-based violence receive the help they need.
JCADA’s #LawyersToo Campaign will be chaired by long-time JCADA board member and attorney, Lisa Seltzer Becker (pictured right), of Offit Kurman, who sponsored the campaign launch, as well as Spencer Cantrell (pictured left), JCADA’s Legal Program Director.
Weren’t able to attend the campaign launch on July 12th, but want to be a part of the movement?
There are still many ways you can get involved with the #LaywersToo Campaign and help end violence in our community! Below are some ways you can get involved:
- Bring a Training on Power-Based Violence to Your Office: Learn how to recognize the dynamics of power-based violence; how your language makes an impact when discussing domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, sexual harassment, elder abuse, and stalking; and how you can make the difference in the lives of survivors through JCADA's free trainings! For more information, please email Cha'Koya Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Become a Part of JCADA’s Attorney Network: By offering free consultations or reduced rate assistance to victims of power-based violence in family law, landlord-tenant, immigration, tax, or employment law cases, you can become a part of this prestigious group of lawyers who are committed to using their talents to break the cycle of violence in our community.
- Mark your calendar for the annual JCADA 5K & Wellness Day on April 14, 2019: You can sponsor, run, or walk at the event. For more information about the JCADA 5K, please email Shana Brouder at email@example.com.
- Sign Up to Receive More Information About JCADA’s Legal Program Through our Monthly E-News!
- Become a JCADA Sustainer and set up a monthly donation!
- $20 per month will cover the cost of printed educational materials for clients.
- $50 per month funds the cost of a Victim Advocate Safety Planning with a client for court.
- $100 per month funds the cost of consulting with a client about their legal options to leave an abusive relationship.